Saturday, March 18, 2023

Vidal Ice Wine

 Vidal Ice Wine



Variety: Vidal

Region/Country: Niagara-On-The-Lake, Canada

Year: 2020

Price: $14.99 from Aldi

Online Review: "The taste was mostly tart pears, peaches, honey, apricots, and some subtle persimmon notes (but none of the tannins of course). It reminded me a little bit of Moscato with how heavily the pear shined through, but the syrupy texture was very nice. I was surprised how much acidity was present considering this has 198 grams per liter of sugar according to the label." - a_j_cruzer https://www.reddit.com/r/wine/comments/z3ywzk/tastingreview_the_equisite_collection_vidal/

Tasting Notes: lychee, very sweet, syrupy, viscous (pg 121)

My review: I enjoyed one glass of this wine, but I wouldn't be able to have a second because of how sweet it is. 6/10

I did not have this wine with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hwy 5 Merlot

Hwy 5 Merlot Variety: Merlot Region/Country: California Year: 2021 Price: $4.99 from Aldi Online Review: "This was delicious. I admit, ...