Sunday, March 26, 2023

Hwy 5 Merlot

Hwy 5 Merlot




Variety: Merlot

Region/Country: California

Year: 2021

Price: $4.99 from Aldi

Online Review: "This was delicious. I admit, I liked the label (my guy loves motorcycles). I also read what notes were in there and it was perfect for my dinner. (Pork chops with apples and sauerkraut). It was rich and very tasty. Not too sweet, not overpowering. Paired very well with my dinner. It was cold (for Florida standards) and this warmed us up. A half of a glass did it for me, I am a lightweight with drinking, but I didn't get a headache like I do after drinking some reds. (Once again, only a half of a glass)" - MissInfo916 https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=4270083 

Tasting Notes: dark fruit, coats mouth, sweet, vanilla, full-bodied (pg 131-132)

My review: I really liked this merlot and I would probably purchase it again. I liked the sweetness and fruitiness.

Food: I had this wine with pasta with tomato sauce. It brought out some tannic characteristics in the wine that I didn't notice before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hwy 5 Merlot

Hwy 5 Merlot Variety: Merlot Region/Country: California Year: 2021 Price: $4.99 from Aldi Online Review: "This was delicious. I admit, ...