Saturday, February 4, 2023

Portugal Red Blend




Journey & Discovery Red Blend

Variety: Red Blend (Aragonês (aka Tempranillo), Touriga Nacional, and Castelão), no percentages given

Region/Country: Santo Isidro de Pegöes, Portugal

Year: not listed

Price: $3.99 from Target

Tasting Notes From the Website: "She’s a classic blend of three Portuguese grapes: Touriga Nacional, Castelão, and Aragonês. Together they create a bouquet bursting with blackberry, blueberry, plum, cocoa, and a touch of nutmeg. Dry, singing with dark fruit, and possibly too easy to drink, this wine is a match made in heaven for heavy stews, barbecued lamb, or burger night." (https://www.journeyanddiscovery.com/red-blend) 

Tasting notes: Notes of cocoa and blackberry (pg 176), all three varieties say they are high in tannins and acid, with no sweetness (pg 92, 175, 178). It is medium ruby in color.

My review: This wine smelled good, but tasted gross. It was very acidic and tannic, but not sweet all. The combination made my throat hurt and made me cough. Even an hour later, I can still taste the tannins on my tongue and my stomach hurts. 1/10

I did not have this wine with food

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hwy 5 Merlot

Hwy 5 Merlot Variety: Merlot Region/Country: California Year: 2021 Price: $4.99 from Aldi Online Review: "This was delicious. I admit, ...