Friday, February 24, 2023

Winking Owl White Zinfandel

Winking Owl White Zinfandel



Variety: Zinfandel

Region/Country: California

Year: not listed

Price: $2.95 from Aldi

Online Review: "2.8/5 Not too shabby. Another wine my fiance and I grabbed for a bbq. The nose is clean and fresh with, floral hints, tropical fruit, and candied fruit. Thin and acidic mouthfeel. Sourbelt candy, and raspberry on the palate. Finish is short, but crisp. Absolutely worth 3 dollars." -theherbalheart  https://www.vivino.com/US/en/winking-owl-white-zinfandel/w/1208636

Tasting Notes: sweet, strawberry, watermelon, slightly acidic, slightly tannic, low alcohol (pg 189-190)

My review: This wine has a sort of odd taste, but it is very sweet and balanced so I enjoyed it overall. 5/10

I did not have this wine with food.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hwy 5 Merlot

Hwy 5 Merlot Variety: Merlot Region/Country: California Year: 2021 Price: $4.99 from Aldi Online Review: "This was delicious. I admit, ...