Saturday, February 11, 2023

Winking Owl Merlot

Winking Owl Merlot



Variety: Merlot

Region/Country: California, USA

Year: 2015

Price: $2.95 from Aldi

Online Review: 3/5 Cherry and strawberries with a clear hint of vanilla and oak. Mellow tannins and medium acidity. Drinkable but bottle label is very suspect - too many details unspecified https://www.vivino.com/US/en/winking-owl-merlot/w/1144178 

Tasting Notes: Full-bodied, vanilla, black cherry, sweet. (131-132)

My review: This is probably my favorite red wine I've had, but I still prefer whites. It is pretty fruity and sweet. It is very smooth and easy to drink. 8/10

I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hwy 5 Merlot

Hwy 5 Merlot Variety: Merlot Region/Country: California Year: 2021 Price: $4.99 from Aldi Online Review: "This was delicious. I admit, ...